A stove is an excellent addition to any home. Before fitting a stove, the chimney must be swept and inspected – this allows us to check for any; structural issues, obstructions or combustible material within the chimney.
Pre-Stove Installation Chimney Inspection –
- Full visual inspection – pot and stack
- Full visual inspection – hearth, ventilation and lintel
- Your chimney is swept in accordance with the ‘Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps’ code of practice and the industry-standard
- Examine debris
- Measure chimney height and cross-section for the new flue
- Internal chimney camera inspection
- Note and photograph any obstructions or damage
- A detailed digital inspection report, including photos
- Advice on the stove installation
- Stove recommendations
- Finish suggestions
- A detailed quote for the complete works
- Answer any questions you have.
We are also HETAS qualified stove installers, we would love to be able to give you a quote and advice on a stove installation. You can read about what’s involved in our stove installations here.
There is no obligation to choose us for the installation – you will be issued a detailed report where we record any useful information for any installer. All the required work and measurements will be noted, so you’ll have no unwanted surprises on installation day. A record of chimney sweeping is also required as part of the registration with HETAS or building control.
SweepSmart has passed the rigorous assessment process to become a Which? Trusted Trader, check out our verified reviews from Which?