A stove is an excellent addition to any home. Before fitting a stove, the chimney must be swept and inspected – this allows us to check for any; structural issues, obstructions or combustible material within the chimney.
Pre-Stove Installation Chimney Inspection –
- Full visual inspection – pot; stack; hearth; ventilation; fireplace/ stove fitting; lintel
- The fireplace area is covered with protective dust sheets that we provide
- Your chimney is swept in accordance with the ‘Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps’ code of practice and the industry-standard
- Examine debris
- A draught test is performed using a smoke pellet*
- Advice on fireplace use and fuels
- Check smoke and CO alarms are present and positioned correctly
- Chimney camera inspection
- Report findings
- A ‘Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps’ sweeping and servicing certificate will be issued
- This service takes approximately 60 minutes per flue.
We are also HETAS qualified stove installers, we would love to be able to give you a quote and advice on a stove installation. You can read about what’s involved in our stove installations here.
There is no obligation to go with us for the installation; we issue you with a Guild sweeping certificate where we record any useful information for an installer. The certificate is also required as part of the registration with HETAS or building control.
SweepSmart has passed the rigorous assessment process to become a Which? Trusted Trader, check out our verified reviews from Which?